Our contact details:
Name: Rosemary Kellow
Address: 18 Mermaid Close, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7PT
Phone Number: 01795 438988
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Vehicle registration, make and model
- The type of payment made – bank transfer, cash, card, payment scheme
- CCTV footage from all customer parking, customer reception, access alleyway, rear yard and the workshop
How we get the personal information and why we have it:
Most of the information we process is provided directly to us by you in order to carry out the services we provide. The exception to this is the CCTV, where the data is collected for public safety interests and the prevention and detection of crime. Recordings also provide enforcement agencies with evidence of criminal activity, for formal actions such as prosecutions in court and the identification of offenders in investigations.
We use the information that you have given us in order to manage your account with us, and ensure that invoicing information is correct.
With vehicle information such as MOT test dates, we want to ensure that we notify the customer of the expiry date in sufficient time to book in a retest, and when a test has been completed, to send the customer a copy of the MOT test certificate (pass or fail).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are
- a) your consent. you are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- b) we have a contractual obligation
- c) we have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored. For customer information we use a cloud based management system, managed by Mechanic Desk. For CCTV information we use an encrypted system located in our premises at 36 Ferry Road, Iwade, Kent.
We keep customer information for 6 years. CCTV information is kept for no longer than 2 months, except in the circumstance that information is passed to enforcement agencies. We delete customer information by issuing a remove request to our system provider.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com, 01795 438988 and/or Iwade Garage, 36 Ferry Road, Iwade, Kent ME9 8RH if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Iwade Garage, 36 Ferry Road, Iwade, Kent, ME9 8RH.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO Website: http://www.ico.org.uk
Iwade Garage is a trading name of Kellow Associates Ltd